Heat Transfer Roll
|Multiple styles||PU, PVC, Chameleon, Temperature Change, Surface Indentation, 3D, Metallic, Luminescence, Glitter, Flock, etc|
|Color||Many colors available, can be customized|
|Application||It’s suitable for several areas of uses like decorations, branding, patches, reinforcement, logos etc|
Heat transfer roll FAQ guide
Table of Contents
In industrial applications, YGM supplies high-performance chill rolls or cooling rolls (also known as heat transfer rolls). As your turnkey provider, we handle everything from your initial call to delivery of the finished heat transfer roll.
To ensure your heat transfer roll meets your exact specifications and performance requirements, our experienced team will work directly with your engineers and drawings. Our finished rolls, together with our superior customer service, have made us a leading name in the industry for many years. Temperature control is achieved using heat transfer rolls by circulating heated or cooled fluid through coils underneath the outer shell. As a result of the fluid cooling or heating the roll surface, the desired temperature is reached for the application. To optimize the performance of a roll, the design and configuration of the spirals are crucial. Answers to all your questions about Heat Transfer Rolls can be found in the following FAQ Guide.
What is heat transfer roll?
The use of heat transfer rolls requires uniform temperature control during processing of web applications. The product is used in a variety of converting processes, including coating steel coils, manufacturing paper, making plastic sheets, coating adhesives, and producing engineered films. In some cases, heat transfer rolls can be engineered to keep the temperature within 1°F of the surface of the roll.
Figure 1: Heat Transfer Roll
What are the main features of heat transfer roll?
- It measures 12″ x 5ft.
- This product is available in 25 colors, including neon and regular colors.
- Due to its durability and flexibility, it is suitable for a wide range of uses.
- Materials with a thin, stretchy appearance that appears to be incorporated into the garment.
- You can cut and weed easily and clutter-free.
- The adhesive is waterproof.
- Cotton fabrics with smooth, dry surfaces are compatible with this product.
- The material is great for decorating fabric items like t-shirts, bags, aprons, pillowcases, and bedsheets.
What are the specifications of heat transfer roll?
Figure 2: Heat Transfer Roll
- Type of material: Polyurethane film
- The following types of textiles are used: Textiles, Cotton, Fabric blends
- Applications are performed at high temperatures, 140 to 160 degrees Celsius
- The pressure ranges from medium to high
- It takes between 8 and 15 seconds to transfer the application
- Using a cool peeling method
- The thickness ranges from 100 to 130 microns
- Under standard washing conditions, 50 washes were performed
How can I wash the heat transfer roll?
- This sheet is intended for use with YGM, multipurpose paper, Kraft paper, or heat transfer paper (not included)
- Before washing the first time, wait 24 hours
- A mild detergent should be used when washing the heat transfer roll on cold
- The dryer should be set to its normal setting
- Dry cleaning is not recommended
What are the available colors for heat transfer roll?
High-quality polyflex / heat transfer vinyl available for sale by the metre or by the roll.
Printed colors available in White, Black, Dark Blue, Royal Blue, Sky Blue, Lemon Yellow, Medium Yellow, Orange, Red, Pink.
What is the process for applying heat transfer roll?
The carrier is the shiny side of HTV. To keep your vinyl pieces in place while cutting, stick the carrier to your cutting mat. It’s important not to allow the material to move or you’ll get uneven cuts. When your design is finished, you want it to be perfect. You will be able to cut through the matt side. Due to its nonsticky nature, it should be easy to identify and cut through. As soon as the carrier is ready for application, it should be facing up.
Use a weeding tool to remove the leftover vinyl after cutting your design with a cutting machine, knife, or scissors. Using weeding tools enables you to remove excess vinyl that you don’t need for your application, leaving you with only what you need.
Your next step will be to apply the carrier to your garment, then heat up your heat press. In order to prevent mistakes and damage, make sure it is heated appropriately and to a suitable degree. Set a timer for the heat press before applying it. You can protect your design from scratches by covering the vinyl with a Teflon sheet. If you do not have access to that information, you may have to research the pressing time for the material you choose to use.
Once the heat press has finished, remove the carrier sheet and remove the heat press. You are now ready to wear your newly designed shirt, napkin, tablecloth, or apron.
Is it possible to return items?
In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with your purchase from YGM, you may return it within two months (60 days) of making the purchase. It is important that the returned item be original, unused, and in its original packaging (excluding sample products).