High Reflective Heat Transfer Vinyl
|Attachment Type||Heat Transfer|
|Backing fabric||PES or TPU|
|Application||Ideal for hot pressing onto the T-shirts, caps, bags and other textiles to ensure visibility and safety. It can also be laser-cut or knife-cut into graphics and logos to meet various fashion requirements.|
High reflective heat transfer vinyl FAQ guide
Table of Contents
What is high reflective heat transfer vinyl?
Many people don’t know what high reflective heat transfer vinyl is, but you must have worn and seen the T-shirt with logo, words, or fashional graphics like below. Most of these designs on the T-shirt are formed by high reflective heat transfer vinyl. And the high reflective heat transfer vinyl also is the heat transfer vinyl, but it has the reflective feature, which can reflect the lighting in the poor lighting situation. Reflective heat transfer vinyl gives your garment a high-visibility look in low-light situations. This is ideal for nighttime safety and on the job wear.
Figure 1: High Reflective Heat Transfer Vinyl
What are the applications of high reflective heat transfer vinyl?
High reflective heat transfer vinyl can be used on hats, pants, bags, t-shirts and other fabrics. There are no strict requirements for plate making, colour registration and complex exposure procedures and no damage is caused to the material. As a result, thermal transfer technology is rapidly developing in different industries, especially in the apparel industry.
- Heat transfer printing on clothing decoration cloth, curtain cloth, sofa cloth, handbag, carpet cloth, toy cloth, shoes, PU, PVC surface or cloth, etc.
Figure 2: Application of High reflective Heat Transfer Vinyl
Difference between high reflective heat transfer vinyl and reflective heat transfer paper.
- In a high reflective heat transfer vinyl, coloured designs are laser or knife cut from a vinyl sheet and applied to a fabric by applying heat and pressure.
- For a reflective heat transfer paper, coloured images are printed digitally on paper and applied to a garment with heat and pressure.
How do you make high reflective heat transfer vinyl?
- Laser or knife cut a design.YGM Reflective can cut the design on big production one time for you, you can get the cut reflective HTV vinyl from your local YGM Reflective retailer.
- Prepare an iron or heat transfer machine.
- Put the special paper on the reflective HTV vinyl.
- Adjust no team model for iron, then heat press.
- Cold peel off the protective film on the surface.
- The reflective heat transfer vinyl graphic is applied to the t-shirt.
Figure 3: Making of High Reflective Heat Transfer Vinyl
What are the features of high reflective heat transfer vinyl?
- High reflective heat transfer vinyl comes in different sizes and formats
- They are manufactured and supplied in rolls and sheets.
- Vinyl rolls come in sizes of 9,12,15 and 20 inches.
- They are sold in lengths of 5,10,25, and 50 yards.
- High reflective heat transfer vinyl has customized lengths ranging from 1-100cm.
- The washing of heat transfer film depends on the condition of the substrate and heat transfer operations.
What is the difference between high reflective heat transfer vinyl and reflective heat transfer tape?
- High Reflective Heat Transfer Vinyl
High reflective heat transfer vinyl comes in rolls with 50cm, 60cm, or custom width. With design software and vinyl cutters, we can cut the reflective HTV into various logos, letters, patterns, and weave and heat press them onto the T-shirts, jackets, pants, bags, etc.
- Reflective Heat Transfer Tape
Iron-on reflective tape comes in rolls with 1”, 2”, or custom widths, and can be ironed directly onto T-shirts, vests, jackets, etc. It can also be ironed on webbing, oxford, tricot fabric tapes and then sew the dual-color warning tape onto workwear.
Is high reflective heat transfer vinyl durable?
Yes, high reflective heat transfer vinyl is durable.
Depending on the type of high reflective heat transfer vinyl used, it can last for the lifetime of a product when applied according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Some heat transfers can last beyond the lifetime of the product.
Can you wet apply high reflective heat transfer vinyl?
This is a big no-no. The adhesives used in these products do not stand up well when applied wet. The use of any application fluid, whether it’s dish detergent or RapidTac will probably cause the vinyl to fail. Always apply reflective films dry.